Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Warm Driveway



Lucy went with me to get the mail.
She didn't make it to the mailbox.
As soon as her paws hit the warm driveway,
she layed down and refused to get back up.

After I walked back inside
I looked through the front door,
(without opening the door)
fully expecting her to be worried
and to come running after me.

Nope.
There she sat.
Not a care in the world.
Her master was out of her sight,
and she could not have looked happier.







So...
I opened the front door,
to remind her that her master was no longer outside
and it was time to get up and return to the house.

She looked back and held her ground
in stubborn protest.







In the morning,
after I've showered and gotten ready for the day,
I walk back into the bedroom
and always find Lucy still in our bed.

When I approach her, she slides onto her back
with her paws in the air
and her face hidden under the blanket,
clearly not ready to face the day.

This is exactly what she did in the driveway.
She was clearly not ready to leave it for the chilly AC.





I had to actually pick her up
and carry her inside the house.







I know, I know...
I am such a mean master.
The conditions inside the house
are just so awful.









The life of a spoiled fluff dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment