I've been thinking a lot about the baby's room
and different ways to decorate it.
I want to take the next 22 weeks
and fit in as many DIY touches as possible.
I'm leaning towards an outdoorsy theme.
I don't like the word theme.
It makes me think of matching bedding, curtains, and borders.
Instead, I want to keep the room fairly neutral
and add in little touches here and there.
It's difficult to explain.
I hope it's less difficult to create.
Matt & I both love the outdoors
and our love for each other grew on many
backpacking, kayaking, and camping adventures
we've taken throughout the years.
Therefore, I think it's a fitting decorating choice for our baby.
The first project I'm working on are cut-outs of the alphabet.
I'm taking 3/16" foam board and cutting out the
entire alphabet in different fonts and sizes.
I'm using different outdoor/camping scrapbook paper
to decorate each letter.
As of right now, I'm envision them stuck on the wall
over the changing table / dresser.
Here's a sneak peek of the progress
with big sister Lucy helping as a size reference.
No comments:
Post a Comment