Friday, September 28, 2012

Second Trimester



                     5 weeks                     9 weeks                       15 weeks



How far along?  15 weeks

How big is the baby?  The baby is 4" long (approx. the size of an avocado)

Have you heard the heartbeat?  Yes!  At the doctor's appointments and also at home with a Sonoline B fetal heartbeat monitor.  It's so nice being able to hear the heartbeat before we can feel the baby kick.  It's also very reassuring that everything is A-OK in there!

What was the first thing you bought for your baby?  I've purchased a couple of outfits sized newborn and 3-6 months.  I'm not seeing a lot of gender neutral clothing options so when I spot an outfit that I can picture a boy or girl wearing, I snatch it up quick!


Total weight gain/loss?  Total loss so far is about 7 lbs.  This should move in the other direction quickly now that my appetite is back.


Maternity clothes?  I'm slowly getting to the point where my everyday clothes aren't fitting the same, but my maternity clothes are still too big.  I've always worn baggy jeans and shirts so hopefully I'll be able to avoid maternity clothes for a few more weeks.  I bought some maternity jeans and tops a few weeks ago so I'm prepared when the time comes.

Stretch marks?  I've always had stretch marks though I have no new ones to report.

How’s the sleep?  Pretty good.  The pregnancy dreams are very strange - though I haven't dreamt about the baby or of being pregnant yet.  They are mostly random.  I need to keep a dream journal.

Best moment this week?  This week, I've discovered the importance of an occasional coffee drink and the "relief" it can provide (and I'm not talking about staying awake).  That's all I've got to say about that.
Movement?  Oh, I wish!  It is still much too early.

Type of delivery you’re planning on?  Quick and pain free?  Is that an option?

Biggest change in your body besides belly?  TIRED all of the time.

Food cravings?  Ice cream.  Pickles (with mayo).  Taco Bell.  Gas station icees.

Gender? Our ultrasound will be around the second week of November but we are NOT finding out the gender. 

What are you missing?  Alcohol, hot tubs, energy.

What are you looking forward to?   Feeling the baby movements!




No comments:

Post a Comment