Friday, October 5, 2012

Tamara vs. Fire Ant Colony



A month (or so) ago,
I found myself with more energy
than I knew what to do with.

I decided to take on a small landscaping project.

Matt drove me to Lowe's
to pick up the supplies I would need.

Mulch
Edging
Landscaping paper
Landscaping paper pins

Our builder graciously put down mulch
around our mailbox and well.
Unfortunatly, he skipped the essential steps
of putting down landscaping paper and edging.

Within a month,
we had a mess of weeds and scattered mulch.

My plan of attack was to makeover the mailbox and the well.
I decided to start with the mailbox.

With a sturdy rake,
I began digging up the mulch and loose weeds.
I had a nice big pile of old mulch
when I suddenly felt a sting on my foot.





When I looked down, the entire pile of mulch was in motion.
It turns out, I upset an entire colony of fire ants.

I immediatly called for backup
(Matt armed with ant poison).

The fire ants may have won the battle,
but they lost the war.

I ended up moving on to the well.


I wish I had a "before" picture.
I think you would be much more wow'd by my efforts.





And the mailbox?
That will have to wait for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment