We arrived at the Charlotte airport
Two hours early for Sara's first flight.
The night before, I practiced carrying
all my gear with Lucy
The morning of the flight
I had hoped Sara would nap
on the drive to the airport.
No such luck.
She was one sleepy little girl
when we arrived at the airport.
I strapped her into the Ergo
and we made it through security
I found a rocking chair
and decided to sit and rock with her
since we had about two hours to kill.
Sara was OK with this for about five minutes.
Then she decided she wanted her swing or crib
--NOW--
She cried and screamed for most
of the two hour wait.
Mommy walked up and down the gate
hoping she would put herself to sleep.
She fell asleep for about 2 minutes
then would wake suddenly,
very angry she was still not in her crib
or swing.
When it came time to board the plane
I was nervous.
We were the last two to board.
The flight was quite full.
I walked to my row
in the very back of the plane
in the very back of the plane
and to my delight,
I noticed my window seat
was next to an open middle seat.
In the aisle was a "grandma".
was next to an open middle seat.
In the aisle was a "grandma".
The "grandma" was SO helpful.
She stored my bags,
got me situated,
Once we sat down in our seat,
Sara passed out.
She slept through take off.
When she woke,
She began to fuss upon decent.
I nursed her for about 15 minutes
and afterwards she was happy as can be.
We landed and met grandma at baggage claim.




No comments:
Post a Comment