January was a snowy month
(for the south, anyway).
Mama participated in War of the Wods
and took 1st place in her division.
Our neighbor friends hosted a benfit
for our upcoming mission trip to Haiti.
It was a lovely dinner and great conversation.
With lots of $$ donated to our mission!
We also did some fundraising
at Randy's BBQ in Troutman.
Mama took her Xmas money
and bought a pull up bar for the garage!
She also tried rock climbing
for the first time
and loved it!
After returning from MN,
we had the Great Wheatfield grass fire
on New Years Day.
Trying to burn those Xmas boxes - oops.
Not something we necessarily
want to remember,
but the girls liked to see the fire trucks.
I lost a dear friend
from my past,
Brett Jepson.
I was able to make it back for the funeral.
His loss will be felt in my heart
for a very long time.
Brett helped me when my mom passed
and he had purchased a precious moments figurine
but had never given it to me.
His family gave it to me after he passed.
The figurine states, "The Lord Is With You".
I know I received it at the perfect time.
RIP to such a beautiful and kind soul.
The girls have really enjoyed Smart Kids.
Sara's teacher is just amazed by Sara.

No comments:
Post a Comment