Wow.
I've been holding back on blogging about the wedding because blogging means it's really is over. I'm trying to hold on to this time in my life. Parts of me wants to stay in this moment forever. At this point, the entire month just feels like one big dream. A beautiful dream.
We left Mayer, Minnesota on June 23rd at 6:30 a.m. to meet Matt's parents in St. Cloud. We stopped in Miles City, MT on the first night to get some food and rest.
Matt and Bob did not go thirsty for long.
The next morning we hit the road bright & early. We stopped for lunch near Anaconda, MT. Matt noticed a billboard for Old Works Golf Course designed by Jack Nicklaus. We decided to take a break and golf. What a great find! Anaconda is an old mining town. The course incorporates many elements from Anaconda's historic copper smelter on site including black slag in all of the courses bunkers, making for a stunning contrast to white bunker sand found on most other golf courses. We were impressed.
We ran into these kits/cubs/pups (what are they called?) on the 7th or 8th. They were wrestling until Cindy hit her ball. Then one of the kits ran onto the course, grabbed her ball, and ran off with it. They tried to do the same with mine but luckily I had the drink cart lady there to scare it away. Sneaky little devils!
After golf we got back on the road. I cannot recall where we stopped to sleep that night. To be honest, I think I went to bed before dinner. Too much fresh air on the course.
The following day we drove through the Rockies and across Washington until we were in Anacortes. We secured lodging at Anaco Inn and went on the hunt for food. Anaco provided us with coupons for Randy's Pier and so off we went.
After dinner we went back to our lodging, which was a cute little cottage. I have no complaints but Matt might complain about the bathroom entrance. The doorway is not taller than Matt and he smacked his head a few too many times. I'm happy to report the brain damage was minimal (love you honey).
On Sunday (June 26th) we waited in line for our ferry. The wait wasn't too bad and we were able to get on the next ferry to Orcas Island. On the island we ate lunch and visited some gift shops right in Orcas Village. Once it was time to check in, we drove to Eastsound and found the keys to our home away from home for the week.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment