Don't let this cute face fool you.
This dog is mischievous.
Especially after we brought Sara home.
If I leave in the car to run an errand,
and Lucy hears the car leave AND the garage door shut,
She runs around looking for trouble.
I know this, because I come home to find her trouble.
Shredded Kleenex from the garbage.
Shredded nursing pads from the end tables.
Poop on the floor.
Pacifiers moved.
She helps herself to anything on the end tables.
Yeah
Trouble.
We have gotten better about shutting our bathroom doors.
Hiding nursing pads in better spots,
taking her out at least twice before leaving the house.
It never fails - she still finds trouble.
She is a perfect angel if I walk out the front door.
Without using the garage door or car.
She must know I can't be going far
if I'm not in the car.
TOO smart - that dog.
As the master of the house,
and top of the food chain
I decided to dicipline her
with help from the baby monitor.
There is an option for the monitor
to become a speaker.
Once Lucy got into trouble
I could yell at her through the monitor.
On my first attempt,
I carefully set up the monitor
so the end table
and her favorite poop spot
were in view.
I went the extra mile
and heated a frozen burrito
with salsa and sour cream
and placed it on the end table.
Then I got in the car,
backed it out of the garage,
and into the driveway.
I closed the garage door
shut down the car in the driveway
and waited, with my finger on the MIC button
ready to catch her in the act.
That little flea bag (another story)
sniffed at the burrito
from the FLOOR (didn't even jump on the couch)
and casually walked to the front door
and took a nap on the rug.
After waiting 30 minutes
I gave up and drove back into the garage.
I decided to try again that afternoon.
I made her my favorite, pop overs
and left them on the end table with honey butter.
I didn't take her out to do business.
I drove out of the garage and to the neighbor's
and went inside to visit with Sara.
(Maybe she could tell the car was in the driveway?)
Again,
Lucy took a nap.
She didn't even sniff the pop overs.
Someday... I will get you Lou...
No comments:
Post a Comment