Last Friday, Matt took me on a date
to see A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie.
He made dinner reservations at
Sanctuary before the show.
Sanctuary was very elegant
and expensive.
It was fun to try the eclectic menu
options but not something we
could afford to do more
than once a year.
I had the dayboat sea scallops,
hanger 1 chipolte vodka eggnog sauce,
shishito peppers, asian pear,
and red tobiko caviar.
Matt tried the pan seared
wild acres duck breast,
belgian waffles, and a
pomegranate reduction with a sweet onion,
galliano coffee liquor marmalade and
ancho chili pesto oil.
See what I mean? Fancy!
For dessert, we had a sampler
consisting of yucca root coconut cake,
vanilla bean ice cream,
and bread pudding.
Each desert came with a yummy drink.
After dinner, we headed to the Guthrie.
Neither Matt nor I had been there before.
It is a very neat place! I was glad we
got to see it at night when the new 35W bridge
is completely lit up.
If going, you must check out the Endless Bridge
and the eighth floor yellow glass where
you can see the ground beneath you.
Our seats for the show were great.
We were about 5-10 rows up from the stage!
The play was amazing. I had never been to a play
with professional grade actors.
We also ran into Matt's coworkers/friends
Paul and Jenna!
It was such a fun time and great idea
for a date night with your significant other.



No comments:
Post a Comment